Today’s Dealmaster is headlined by a great deal on Amazon’s Kindle Paperwhite that brings the e-reader down to $80. That matches the lowest price we’ve ever tracked.
While an ebook reader isn’t exactly essential for most people, we’ve long recommended the Paperwhite as a great option for anyone in that market. It’s almost three years old at this point—and we wouldn’t be surprised if Amazon gave it a refresh in the not-too-distant future—but it still offers a compact and comfortable design, a side-lit, 6-inch, 300-pixels-per-inch display that is crisp and allows you to read in darker settings, and Amazon’s typically extensive catalog of ebook and audiobook content. This model also has Bluetooth audio support for listening to audiobooks from Audible, as well as an IPX8 waterproof rating, so it’s safe to read in the tub or pool.
You still have to put up with ads on the lock screen and other places unless you pay an additional one-time fee, and if you can live with a lower-resolution display, Amazon’s base-level Kindle is a solid budget-friendly alternative that’s currently on sale for $65. If you’d rather avoid entering Amazon’s locked-down platform altogether, Kobo’s Clara HD offers similar hardware—minus the waterproofing and Bluetooth support—and is discounted to $100. If you go with one of Amazon’s deals, though, note that both Kindle offers include a three-month trial of the Kindle Unlimited service, which provides an on-demand selection of books for one monthly fee.
Besides those e-reader discounts, our deals roundup includes a couple of solid prices on Logitech’s C920S HD Pro and C922x Pro Stream webcams, which are currently down to $60 and $65, respectively. We’ve tested both and recommended the former in past buying guides, but each device offers clean 1080p video and a simple setup process. The main difference between the two is that the C922x can record up to 60 frames per second (albeit in 720p), which makes it a bit better suited for streaming. The C920S, meanwhile, includes a built-in “privacy shutter” for when you’re off calls. Neither of these prices is the lowest we’ve ever seen, but they do match the best we’ve seen in the last year, as the effects of the pandemic have significantly constrained webcam stock and inflated prices over the past several months.
The Dealmaster has plenty more to share, including an excellent price on Apple’s AirPods Pro, a one-day sale on standing desks and related accessories, a nice drop on an affordable Bluetooth speaker we like, and deals on 4K streaming players from Roku and Nvidia, among other offers. You can find our full curated selection of discounts below.
Table of Contents
Note: Ars Technica may earn compensation for sales from links on this post through affiliate programs.
Featured deals of the day
- Apple AirPods Pro true wireless noise-canceling earphones for $179.99 at Amazon and Walmart (normally $200).
- Apple Watch SE (40mm) for $249 at Amazon, Target, and Walmart (normally $269).
- Apple iPad Air (64GB, 2020) 10.9-inch tablet for $499.99 at Amazon, Target, and Best Buy (256GB model for $650—normally $545).
- Apple MacBook Air (2020) laptop—Apple M1, 13.3-inch, 2560×1600, 8GB RAM (soldered), 256GB SSD for $899 at Amazon, Best Buy, and B&H (normally $960).
- Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (8GB, ads) 6-inch ebook reader + Kindle Unlimited 3-month membership for $79.99 at Amazon (normally $130).
- Amazon Kindle (8GB, ads) 6-inch ebook reader + Kindle Unlimited 3-month membership for $64.99 at Amazon (normally $85).
- Kobo Clara HD (8GB) 6-inch ebook reader for $99.99 at Walmart and Kobo (normally $120).
TV and home entertainment deals
Smart home device deals
Video game deals
- Persona 5 Royal (PS4) for $26.99 at PlayStation Store (physical copy for $30 at Amazon—normally $45).
- The Last of Us Part II (PS4) for $19.98 at Amazon, eBay, Best Buy, and GameStop (normally $30).
- Returnal (PS5) for $49.99 at Amazon, Target, Best Buy, and GameStop (normally $65).
- Ghost of Tsushima (PS4) for $29.99 at Target, Best Buy, and GameStop (normally $40).
- Kingdom Hearts All-in-One Package (PS4) for $19.99 at GameStop (normally $30).
- It Takes Two (PS4, Xbox) for $24.99 at Amazon (normally $30).
- Scarlet Nexus (Xbox, PS4) for $35.99 at Microsoft and PlayStation Store (XBL Gold only—normally $55).
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller for $59 at Amazon, GameStop, and Walmart (discount seen in cart—normally $65).
- Sony DualShock 4 Back Button Attachment for PS4, PC, iOS, and Android for $14.99 at Target, Best Buy, and GameStop (not compatible with PS5 games—normally $20).
- Microsoft Xbox Wireless Controller (Carbon Black) for Xbox, PC, iOS, and Android for $49.99 at Microsoft and Amazon (normally $55).
- PlayStation HD Camera 1080p camera for PlayStation 5 for $39.99 at Amazon, Target, Walmart, and B&H (normally $58).
- Xbox Game Pass for PC 3-month membership for $24.29 at Amazon (normally $30).
- HyperX Cloud Alpha gaming headset for $66.99 at GameStop (normally $85).
- Dice Forge board game for $23.80 at Amazon (normally $29).
Accessories and miscellaneous deals
- Flexispot EN1 standing desk (48 x 30-inches, 48 x 24-inches) for $239.99 at Amazon (normally $305).
- Flexispot EC1 standing desk (48 x 30-inches) for $199.99 at Amazon (normally $250).
- Flexispot Comhar standing desk with drawer and USB ports (48 x 24-inches) for $369.99 at Amazon (normally $500).
- Flexispot Comhar standing desk with drawer and USB ports (48 x 24-inches) for $319.99 at Amazon (normally $400).
- Flexispot GD9E gaming standing desk (48 x 24-inches) for $271.99 at Amazon (normally $340).
- Flexispot M18M 31-inch standing desk converter for $59.99 at Amazon (normally $115).
- Flexispot M732 32-inch standing desk converter for $111.99 at Amazon (normally $140).