Black Ops Cold War Season 5 gives you the opportunity to try out various different weapons, and the Groza Assault Rifle is a buffed contender. Here’s how you can improve it with the right Perks and attachments.
We’ve come a long way since the Groza was introduced into Black Ops Cold War in Season 1. The Assault Rifle meta has been pretty stellar throughout the game’s lifespan with the Krig 6 showing what a true AR looks like, and other beasts like the AK-47 and Season 5’s EM2 fighting for supremacy.
Yet, thanks to some neat Season 5 buffs, the Groza is once again in the conversation, and many people are adding it to their Cold War loadouts. It’s even had a handy quality of life upgrade to enhance its performance too!
Here’s how you can make the Groza a brilliant gun in Black Ops Cold War Season 5.
Best Cold War Season 5 Groza attachments
- Muzzle: KGB Eliminator
- Underbarrel: Spetsnaz Grip
- Barrel: 16.7” VDV Reinforced
- Handle: GRU Elastic Wrap
- Magazine: 40 Rnd Speed Mag
We’ll start off this loadout with the KGB Eliminator, which will keep you off your enemy’s radar when firing with a suppressor. It will also give you improved vertical recoil control at the cost of some horizontal recoil.
Luckily, the Spetsnaz Grip will make up for the horizontal recoil control that you lost. It will also reduce some shooting movement speed, that’s not too noticeable when using an AR, and the GRU Elastic Wrap is perfect for quicker ADSing.
We picked the 16.7” VDV Reinforced Barrel because it will give a gigantic boost to the weapon’s effective damage range, while also improving the bullet velocity. This prepares it for those long-range encounters where you want to pick off enemies from a distance.
We’ll cap off this loadout with the 40 Rnd Speed Mag which will increase both your starting ammo and maximum ammo capacity. It will also give a slight boost to your reloading speed, which allows you to fire continuously.
Best perks for the Groza loadout
- Perk 1: Flak Jacket & Tactical Mask
- Perk 2: Gearhead & Assassin
- Perk 3: Ghost & Ninja
The Flak Jacket will grant you resistance to thrown, explosive projectiles and equipment, whereas the Tactical Mask provides complete immunity to gas. Needless to say, this will come in handy at various points during a match.
Gearhead speeds up the recharge rate of equipment, and Assassin helps us greatly in the quest to attain higher Scorestreaks.
Finally, we recommend Ghost to keep you off those pesky UAVs, and Ninja is a timeless classic that limits the noise you make.
Most recent C58 buffs and nerfs in Cold War
The Groza was updated thanks to the Season 5 weapon patch notes for Black Ops Cold War, here are its changes.
You can see the full list here:
- Reduced vertical recoil by 15%.
- Reduced weapon movement when walking in ADS.
- Moved Iron Sights view farther away from the player camera.
- Increased Horizontal Recoil Control bonus on Spetsnaz Grip from +17% to +25%.
- Increased Vertical Recoil Control bonus on Spetsnaz Grip from +7% to +15%.
- Increased ADS Time bonus on Spetsnaz Field Grip from +15% to +30%.
- Reduced Flinch Resistance mitigation on Spetsnaz Field Grip from +80% to +70%.
- Increased Sprint to Fire Time bonus on KGB Pad from +30% to +50%.
- Reduced Hip Fire Accuracy penalty on KGB Pad from -30% to -20%.
How to unlock the Groza in Cold War Season 5
Unlocking the Groza Assault Rifle is easy enough in Cold War Season 5 as you just need to clear its requirement.
Here’s how to unlock the Groza Assault Rifle:
- In Cold War multiplayer / Warzone: Using Assault Rifles, get kill without dying in 15 different matches
- In Cold War Zombies: Using Assault Rifles, kill 250 zombies with an Assault Rifle while they’re stunned by Stun Grenades or Dead Wire
Best alternatives to the Groza
The Groza will get the job done, but if you want some variation or something else to try, the new TEC-9 is a fun alternative. Also, the XM4 is another weapon that’s been buffed significantly, so make sure to give it a whirl, especially with its secret attachment!
With this loadout, you’ll be able to use the Groza AR to dominate medium and long-range conflicts. You can also try out different attachments and perks to see if they serve you well in the latest season.
Also, see where the Groza stacks up against the rest of Cold War’s weapons and check out Charlie INTEL’s best Groza loadout for Call of Duty: Warzone Season 5 too!
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch